Antifouling

Home Forums Boat Maintenance Antifouling

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Chris D 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Chris D
    Participant

One of the dreaded jobs we undertake every year, planning ahead which make do people recommend for the Teign?

Alan Madams
    Alan Madams
    Participant

I would like to know as well please!

Chris D
    Participant

Well last year I used Seago and wasn’t as effective as I’d hoped, this year I’ve used EU45 antifoul, now my boat is on a deep water mooring, and there is quite a bit of growth round the waterline but I’ll wait till it comes out in a few weeks to see the bottom. Mate of mine that has his boat by the club house on a drying mooring also used EU45 and his boat is clean, there has been lots of discussions on other forums but was hoping for a bit of local knowledge.

Paul_H
    Paul_H
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

How do you deal with the growth around the waterline? I have it on my boat but it’s too close to the main hull for scraping, without doing some damage. I’ve tried using a deck brush, but it’s hard to shift.

Paul

Chris D
    Participant

Hi Paul

Well I first used a standard nylon broom but that was no good mind you it was soft so I use that for cleaning the deck down with, since then I’ve used a stiff broom not the nylon bristle type, not too stiff like a garden broom but firm about £3 from the range, I’m too tight to buy the proper scraper thingy.

Chris D
    Participant

Well pulled the boat out this weekend, a lot more growth on the underside and much more barnacles than last year, so even though the EU45 stuff has a higher copper content wasn’t as effective as I hoped.

Most of the stuff came off with a good jet wash but still had the little blighters attached.

Uploaded a couple of shots, not the best quality but best I could get.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.