Some guidance please for new boat owner on harbour mooring

Home Forums B.O.A.T. Clubhouse Some guidance please for new boat owner on harbour mooring

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Paul_H Paul_H 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Gordon
    Participant

I am hoping to join B.O.A.T. in about 2 to 3 months time when we plan to have a yacht moored in Teignmouth Harbour. We have been allocated a shared mooring buoy by the Harbourmaster near to where the Sheldon Ferry comes onto the back beach.

So I would welcome any guidance on the practicalities of mooring in the main channel, whether Exmouth is the nearest place for fuel and water, security issues being near the shore, and if there is a dinghy storage facility nearer to our mooring buoy, rather than the one at Polly Steps.

We live in London at the moment, but will be moving to Teignmouth end of the year.

Paul_H
    Paul_H
    Keymaster

Hi Gordon,

I’ve asked the club secretary to circulate your message to the membership. Hopefully you will receive some replies soon.

I can tell you that Polly Steps is your nearest dinghy storage facility. This is administered by Teignbridge Council and I believe there are some empty slots available. Water is also available at Polly Steps.

As for fuel, I believe Brixham also has a fuel barge.

Hopefully, you’ll get more replies soon to your queries.

Best regards,

Paul
    Webguy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.